If you live in Ontario and own a hobby car, especially a collector vehicle, let Huronia Insurance Group show you how you can save on classic car insurance. In some cases, collector car insurance in Ontario can be up to 75% less than a standard car insurance policy!
You classic vehicle must meet certain criteria and restrictions in order to qualify for classic car insurance and premiums can vary between different classic car insurance providers.
Call for a Collector Car Insurance Quote
Below are a few general guidelines to consider when applying for collector car insurance.
Qualifying for Collector Car Insurance
In order to qualify for collector car insurance in Ontario, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a clean driving record
- Have driven continuously for at least 10 years
- Have zero at-fault accidents
- Have no more than 2 minor convictions
- You must also have a second “everyday-use” passenger vehicle with its own insurance coverage
Restrictions on Intended Use
Under your classic car insurance policy your collector vehicle is classified as a hobby car only. It can be used for pleasure use only and cannot be used for everyday purposes. Simply put, you can’t drive your classic car to work, to school, or to run errands. In some cases, the classic car insurance policy will also include yearly mileage restrictions.
Collector car insurance companies also look at a variety of other criteria such as rarity to determine insurance premiums. These criteria may be not be covered in all provinces in Canada but might include:
- Antique Vehicles (1906 to 1948)
- Unique Classic Vehicles (1924 – 1948)
- Postwar WWII Vehicles
- Muscle Cars (1968-1972)
- Exotic Vehicles (1990 or newer with limited production)
- Modified Vehicles
- Retired Military Vehicles (pre-1985)
- Special Interest Vehicles (Low production specialty models after 1990)
- Kit & Replica Vehicles
- Classic Boats
- Retired Fire Trucks
- Retired Vintage Tractors (30 years or older)
The percentage of original parts can also affect your collector car insurance premiums. As well, collector vehicles must be placed in secure storage when not in use.
Classic Car Insurance Coverage
The collector car insurance companies that we deal with do not require appraisals and offer low rates and flexible usage options. You’ll also receive:
- Agreed value coverage
- Coverage for your choice of repair shop
About Huronia Insurance Group
Huronia Insurance Group has been helping Ontario residents with their auto insurance needs for nearly two decades. Along with motorhome & RV insurance, motorcycle insurance, and boat insurance, we can also help you find the best collector car insurance coverage.
You can also call our Huronia Insurance office directly:
Greater Toronto Area: 416-628-3535