Business insurance coverage designed specifically for Mechanics, Detailers, and Car Dealerships.
The Huronia Automotive Protection Plan (HAPP) offers deeply discounted insurance coverage designed for repair garages, auto dealers, and auto detailers throughout Ontario.
These automotive insurance protection plans are for automotive businesses that maintain or repair private passenger cars or trucks, or small commercial vehicles.
All qualifying auto repair businesses must have annual revenues of less than $5,000,000 and be owned and operated for a minimum of 3 years, or the owner must have 3 years related business experience in management or business ownership.
Examples of qualifying automotive businesses include:
- Auto Detailers
- Auto Glass Repair and Installation Shops
- Auto Rust Proofing
- Car Washes – automatic or self-serve
- Gas Stations – self-serve only, or full serve and self-serve (no auto repairs)
- Gas Stations – with mechanical repairs
- Muffler Repair Shops
- Oil Change and Lubrication Shops
- Radiator Repair
- Transmission Repair
- Auto Repair Garages – mechanical repairs only*
- Auto Repair Garages – mechanical repairs and gas sales*
- Car Stereo and Alarm Installers – sales and installation*
*Note that these occupancies require mandatory theft protection.