Get the Right Coverage for Your Business
You will need environmental liability insurance if your Ontario business stores, handles, or transports hazardous materials that could potentially cause an environment accident. Such accidents might include causing air, land, or water pollution that negatively affects any ecosystem, habitat, or persons.
For an environmental liability indemnity insurance quote call our Huronia Insurance brokers at 1-866-955-8386. We’ll make sure you get the right type of environmental liability insurance for the unique risks and exposures of your business.
Most Accidents Are Caused by Human Error
Accidents happen. Sometimes equipment breaks down. In the majority of cases, human error is a factor. Add to that the fact that we live in a time when we are constantly creating new forms of pollution. The repercussions your business could face from toxic spills, contamination, or environmental pollution may include:
- Environmental Lawsuits
- Government Fines
- Exorbitant Environmental Cleanup Costs
Ask us about a free, no-obligation quote for environmental liability insurance in Ontario. Our team of experienced environmental insurance brokers can help you find the most competitive insurance rates and ensure that your business is adequately protected.
Types of Pollution Insurance
Pollution insurance can be quite complex and covers the costs of cleanup and restoration plus liability claims related to the pollution event. Our Huronia Insurance brokers can help you understand the different types of pollution insurance that would be covered under your environmental liability insurance policy including:
- Sudden or Accidental Pollution Insurance – This insurance is set for a specific discovery and reporting time period and covers both property damage and bodily injury. This insurance does not cover gradual loss over time.
- Broad Form (Gradual) Pollution Insurance – This insurance protects you against contamination from pollution that may occur over an extended time period.
- Site Pollution Insurance – This insurance offers protection against both on-site and external causes of pollution.
- Third-Party Pollution Insurance – This insurance coverage offers protection in the event that the site itself is the cause of the pollution or contamination.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
Understanding How Pollution Insurance Works
Will your environmental liability insurance policy cover damage and cleanup costs on third party sites or just your own site? Will it also cover government fines, remediation and removal costs, and any property damages?
As your environmental liability insurance broker, we will make sure that you fully understand how your liability insurance works including:
- What your insurance coverage includes
- What is excluded in your insurance policy
- What your deductions will be for the specific coverages
About Huronia Insurance
Huronia Insurance Group is based out of Barrie Ontario. We have been serving the business insurance needs of clients throughout southern Ontario for over two decades. We also offer directors and officers liability insurance and commercial property insurance services.
Huronia has developed excellent working relationships with many of the top Environmental Insurance Companies in Canada.
Today, most losses caused by pollution are not included with your standard General Liability insurance policy. Our environmental liability insurance brokers can help you navigate the complexities of pollution insurance and answer any questions you may have.
You can also reach us through our online contact form.