Most homeowners are very conscientious and reliable people who might never have dreamed they would ever be forced to apply for high risk home insurance or be faced with skyrocketing home insurance premiums.
Huronia Insurance Group in Barrie Ontario is here to help.
Over the years, Huronia has developed great relationships with a number of excellent Ontario high risk insurance companies. Our registered insurance brokers can help you find and work with high risk insurance companies to secure the best home insurance rates possible.
High Risk Home Insurance Tips
Most homeowners fail to realize that their property or home insurance policy can also earn a place with a high risk insurance company for a variety of reasons including, among others:
- Poor claims experience during a three to five year period
- Older homes
- Homes with galvanized plumbing
- No prior insurance history
- More than 2 mortgages
- Rental property with an absentee landlord
Even rural homes that are on a well and have no fire hydrant access may be designated for high risk home insurance.
As well, some natural disasters simply cannot be avoided. High winds, forest fires, heavy rain, and tornado-prone or flood-prone areas all can cause tremendous grief and loss. But you can reduce your damage and high risk home insurance premiums by having the following in place:
- Sump pump with battery backup (must be tested often)
- Monitored smoke, fire, and security alarms
- Regular maintenance of roof, plumbing, heating, and wiring
- Upgraded, energy efficient home and water heating appliances
- Increased insurance deductibles
It is important to review your property or home insurance policy on a regular basis to ensure proper insurance limits and coverages are in place to suit your unique situation.